Thursday, April 3, 2008

Puddle Jumping

Today the girls and I went outside for some much needed fresh air. The weather outside is beautiful and we certainly didn't want to waste it indoors. We have been inside for too long and are all anxious to get outside. Silly me forgot to take the camera, but hopefully tomorrow is just as nice and we can get outside again for some photo ops.

I love watching my girls in the outdoors. Brie is getting more comfortable in her own skin and she often runs ahead of me now, instead of sticking by my side and insisting that I hold her hand the entire time, like she used to. Ella is always running. It's almost like walking isn't in her vocabulary. So I have to speed-walk to try to keep up with her. I am successful only some of the time. Which is scary in a small town that only has sidewalks in 1/15 of the streets. So I am constantly watching for cars and trying to keep reins on the girls before they dash out onto the street for another puddle.

Ah the joys of puddle jumping. There is something so innocently beautiful about kids jumping in puddles. They don't worry about the cold temperature of the water through their boots. They couldn't care less about the fact that their clothes are getting wet, or dirty. They don't care about the depth of puddles, only that there are many to choose from. They only know that puddles are fun.

Tomorrow I MUST remember my camera!

1 comments:

Tarasview said...

oh we LOVE puddle jumping here too!