Well I've been too busy playing outside with the girls to really come up with anything "blog worthy". We have been outside a lot each day. Playing in the backyard, going to the park, at least 2 walks per day and helping Brie learn to ride her bike. I'm having so much fun being outside again!! Unfortunately the weather forecast this weekend looks absolutely awful. I'm going to stay indoors and pretend I am sunning myself on the deck with a good book. Absolutely no looking outside. Those are my rules!! Maybe I should add some wine to my rules. Heh heh.
We are anxiously waiting to hear from some members of the school board regarding a letter we wrote to them this week about trying to get Brie into Kindergarten. John and I spent about 3 hours one morning pouring over this letter, until we got it just the way we liked. I'm hoping it sounds very professional and, although of course we are biased, not "our child is so great because...". Since she is reading and misses the cutoff by 2 measly days we decided to pursue this in her best interests. It is not going to be easy to convince the "powers that be" that she deserves to get in, however we need to be the best advocates for her. If we don't speak up for her, who will? If the poor girl has to wait another 18 months before K starts, she will be completely bored and uninterested in school. Enrollment cutoff dates vary throughout the province, which hardly seems fair to families that move around, like we will. Some people may not agree with our decision to push for this but they are not Brie's parents. We know very well just how ready she is. End of story.
The Board was supposed to be meeting today on this, and we are supposed to hear back early next week. I have no idea if they are going to give a cut and dry answer, or if they will want to meet with us to discuss in person. I really hope they will want to meet with us. We even said we would be willing to have her tested by a professional. It is almost completely covered through John's benefits (which we learned from a good friend!) and if this is what it takes, we are ready.
But, if she gets in to K, I will be a little sad. My little girl...who isn't so little anymore. She zips up her own coat, brushes her own hair, pretty soon she will be driving her own car and getting married. SOB! I'm not ready to have a school-aged child. Help!!
Friday, April 18, 2008
Not Much New
at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment