Sorry for my lack of posting this past week. My goal with this new blog was to have several new entries a week. So far I think I have been doing well. Until this week, that is. It's just seeming to go from bad to worse.
I mentioned before that Brie was getting pink eye in one of her eyes. It progressed into both eyes and then she got a really bad cold on top of it. Bad en0ugh that she was napping twice a day. She hasn't napped (other than when sick) since her 2nd birthday. So napping is a big deal. I had to decide whether or not to take her to her dance pictures on Thursday. Pink eye, runny nose....that should make for some beautiful pics! However I did decide to take her, this is her first year and I kinda had my heart set on doing a scrapbook page of it. What was 30 minutes of out our day? Well it was fine until about 10 minutes before her group was scheduled and I realized I didn't have her dance shoes with me. Fortunately we live in a small town so a drive home and back only takes 5 minutes. BUT I left her there in her costume. She was hysterical. The full out screaming terror that you never want to admit is your own child. Yep that was my girl. I left her with Cheryl, a lady from church, who has one of her older girls in dance. Brie was smiling when I returned, much to my relief! I'm not sure how the pictures will turn out though.
Then Ella got the pink eye and bad cold. She has been MIS-ER-A-BLE! I cannot stress this enough! Normally when she is sick, she is of course needy, like all kids are, but she usually keeps her fun-loving personality and enthusiasm. Not this time. She has been awful to deal with. So many tears for no reason, horrible sleeps, zero appetite. Awful!
We missed out on an Easter dinner at my mom's this weekend, plus my nephew's birthday party. The girls were so very disappointed. So was I, but I was not going to take 2 sick and miserable kids to the city by myself. No thanks, I would rather have some teeth pulled!
Now John and I are sick. It really stinks. His version of sick is more of the "suck-it-up" variety, not your usual "man-cold", which I greatly appreciate! It makes my being sick at the same time much more pleasant, if that is possible. I'm just really hoping and praying that I don't get the horrible cough that my girls have. I start up my new session of Music Pups this Friday and I obviously need my singing voice for it! Yikes.
Now to get back to resting.....
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Pity Party
at 10:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Jenn! Great blog! Wanted to stop by. How did you get your posts to lable?
oh... I really hope you are all better soon!
I tagged you to get your mind off it :)
http://tarasviewoftheworld.blogspot.com/2008/03/tagged-by-caroline.html
Hi Jen! Sorry you've all been sick! I'll be praying for better health for you in the coming week!
Post a Comment