Today is just a mish-mash of thoughts and events that have or will occur soon. I have way too much on my mind to just settle down to one or two ideas so you will just have to bear with me!
This weekend we all went to Saskatoon for errands/fun shopping/birthday party. It was rushed but good to see lots of family in a short amount of time. Next weekend we are back for an Easter dinner and also another birthday party. What is with these nephews being born 1 week apart?!? My girls have been very excited to go to the parties. Presents, cake, kids...who could ask for more?
This weekend we bought a new bike for Brie! The past few years she has not been interested at all in riding a bike. My in-laws bought her a second-hand one that was in great shape, but she would refuse to try the pedals...or cry and have a big show. Fun times. Fortunately this year I think she is ready. We used some of her allowance to pay for the bike, as her birthday has already passed this year. She was thrilled to get the money to pay for it herself! Her conditions were that the bike had to be pink with NO HOLES. I'm not entirely sure what no holes means but we just went with it. I was also surprised that she wanted pink, as her favorite color is red. She makes sure everyone in the world knows that her favorite color is red!!! So we picked up her bike on Friday and John put it together yesterday afternoon when we got home. She is still learning how to rotate her feet in a circular motion but is slowly getting the hang of it. John and I are just impressed that she isn't freaking out but that she keeps trying, even when she doesn't get it right the first time, or the fifth time. Definitely a sign of her maturity.
Friday also was the conclusion to my very first session of Music Pups. For those of you who don't know about it, I started up an early childhood music program in Wynyard. It is for young babies and goes up to preschool ages. It's perfect for me! I love kids and I love music, plus I get to take my girls with me. It's just a great fit for something "to do" plus earn a little bit of money along the way. Each session is 10 weeks long and goes for 45 minutes a week. This first session, for winter, I was trying to be too considerate of other people's needs and decided to only have classes when there was no elementary school that day (being Fridays). Well that makes 10 weeks go WAY too long! I started in November and just finished now. I am starting up another session next Friday but am doing it a straight 10 weeks in a row. Much nicer. Keeps everyone feeling connected and interested in the music, I think.
Tonight we are headed out without kids (how often does that happen?) to a farewell for 2 of the members at the detachment here. Soon they will be down to just 3 members, one of which is John. Yeah. Only 3 of them to keep the peace during the busy summer months. I am SO looking forward to it. They are currently working on making up a new schedule for the 3 of them. It will obviously include a lot of on-call and overtime, which is nice only in the compensation. We aren't entirely sure how our holidays will work. John may have to add only a few days to some days off to make it close to a week off at a time. (The other 2 members are really considerate and they have all discussed never being off for more than a week at once) So we will just make the most of it when he does get time off. Nothing can be worse than last Christmas when he was working double shifts at home and then in Saskatoon for the Corrections Worker's strike. That was an awful month!
Now to tidy the house before we go out tonight....
Monday, March 17, 2008
Mish Mash
at 3:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment