It's always amazing to me how God works out timing in our lives! As some of you may already know, John and I are sponsors to a little girl in the Dominican Republic. Her name is Ashly and she is 4 years old. Just last week we received 2 letters from her. They are very simple, but I love and appreciate the heartfelt gratitude that is apparent in each and every letter.
I have been trying to figure out how to better communicate with Ashly and to make it an entire "family" experience, rather than mostly myself. When I signed up at Breakforth last year, I was one of almost 1000 people that also signed up to sponsor a child! 1000 people! That's huge! What a difference it makes in each of these children's lives.
After reading Jen's blog last week I discovered that Compassion (USA) sent 15 bloggers to Uganda in February, with the purpose of blogging about their experiences. I have read several of their blogs lately and it has really inspired me to get more involved with Ashly, as well as helping to spread the word about the great organization that Compassion really is.
I have already added a banner to the top of my blog. You can get lots of info on sponsoring a child there. It's only $35 a month. Not everyone can afford it, but realistically...most of us can. Without even noticing it! I encourage each of you to see if this is a good option for your family. So often in these experiences, we think we will be blessing someone else, but they in return bless us so much more!
April 6th is Compassion Sunday. My plan is to promote it in our church. What can you do to help these kids out? Pray. Promote. Provide. Very simple.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Compassion
at 2:47 PM
Labels: Compassion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment