Tonight was so funny, I just had to share! I was putting Brie to bed and we were reading a story in her kid's bible about Moses. Last time we read about the 10 Commandments so as a refresher I thought I would ask her if she remembers any of them.
She got a very serious look and said:
"Do not kill". (Check!)
"Do not lie". (Check!)
"Do not run across the street". (HUH?)
I didn't have the heart to correct her, it was just too funny!
After this topic ended, we somehow ended up talking about heaven. This is sorta how it went:
Brie - Do your Grandma and Grandpa live in heaven?
Me - Yes they do.
Brie - Is heaven in the sky?
Me - Uh.....well, yeah.....sorta.....(sure we'll go with that for now)
Brie - How do you get there?
Me - Well, honey, we only go to heaven after we die.
Brie - But Jessie and Bailey won't go there, right? (those are our cats)
Me - Yes, sweetie, only people can go to heaven.
Brie - Can we go to heaven now?
Me - Uh, no honey, because that would mean we would have to die first.
Brie - I think we could get there in an airplane.
Me - (snickering quietly to self) No we can't get to heaven in an airplane, only God can take us there.
Brie - We should go to heaven tomorrow after breakfast!
Me - Uh.....(I really hadn't planned on it!)....No sweetie, we won't go there for a long time.
Brie - Oh okay. (somewhat resigned attitude)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
The 11th Commandment?
at 10:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
lol jenn that's too funny!!
SOOOO CUTE! :o)
Post a Comment