Friday, February 8, 2008

S.A.D. Anyone?

It is usually around this time of year when I simply can't take it anymore! My house is looking like a war zone, and unfortunately I cannot blame it all on the children. I just seem to lose all motivation for keeping things tidy. Although I don't think it's SAD (seasonal affective disorder) I certainly fall into the category of having the winter blues. I am cranky, slightly depressed and very unmotivated.

I wish we could just go outside and play in the grass. Unfortunately there is no grass to be seen. Just a white "wonderland" outside. Today a storm is brewing and headed this way sometime today. I am so tired of the whiteness and grey skies. I want our beautiful blue skies and green fields again. I'm not usually one to want to skip time, but right now I really wish I could fast-forward to May-ish. Getting ready for summer and working in the yard. Sigh. It seems like a dream right now.

We get so housebound in the winter, which I have always hated. I want to get out and do something! Unfortunately being in small town Sask, there is nowhere to escape to. Just the grocery store and the post office. Thrilling! Last week was even worse when everything was cancelled so Brie had no dance or preschool. She goes crazy like I do when we are cooped up in the house for too long. We make for a fun bunch!

To beat these blues, I tend to have a psychotic episode at least a few times a week. We break out the loud music and have a crazy singing and dancing party. I would be absolutely humiliated if anyone was to ever witness these such episodes (other than my kids and husband, because of course they know this is "normal") but it sure helps to break up the monotony of the housebound days.

I am sure looking forward to next weekend! We are going to Saskatoon for a couple of nights. I mentioned the idea of going bowling as a family. I just want something to do other than Walmart when we go there so I thought this might be a fun adventure. Plus, John is taking me out on a date for my birthday. Yay! No idea what we are doing, but who cares? It's a date and I won't complain!!

1 comments:

Tarasview said...

oh I am SO with you! Nothing like small town SK in the middle of Feb. eh?
We do crazy dance parties every so often here as well. I shut all the curtains and pray no one comes to the door!

Have a wonderful weekend and happy birthday!