Yesterday was the perfect timing to get a package in the mail. A little while ago I bought a pile of stuff from here. I bought a variety of things...coloring books, small gifts, parenting books, christian books, and finally I found a book for $5.00 called "Romancing Your Husband" by Debra White Smith. I thought it might have some good ideas, and it was cheap, so why not give it a try?
I am so glad that I bought it and it came yesterday. This week has seemed to be a very discouraging one for John, for reasons that I won't go into. Plus, I am a bad one for nitpicking at things that HE is doing wrong in our marriage. Never is it me that is at fault...only him. Poor guy. So I started reading this book almost as soon as I got it.
A friend and I recently had a discussion that we both missed the "romance" in our lives. Where did it go to? What happened? Why aren't our husbands doing anything to fix it? Etc.
Well here's a quote from the book on page 16: "If romance is what you need then YOU pour romantic energies into your marriage." The author says that when she started implementing this into her own marriage, it went from "good to extraordinary".
So I started writing a letter to John yesterday but decided in the end to scrap it. Instead I got an idea online, to come up with a compliment for every letter of the alphabet. So from A-Z I had to come up with 26 characteristics that I appreciate about my husband. It took a while, but I think that it was really worth it. He hasn't been wallowing in his discouragement but instead today he was happier. I'm sorry that I haven't thought to do anything sooner for him.
I'm even thinking of buying another book by Debra White Smith, "101 Ways to Romance Your Marriage". I'll have to save that for my next book order!
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Romancing My Husband
at 5:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good for you!
oh, and there should be a little icon that looks like a chain link on the top of the box that you write your post in... when you click the icon a box appears and you put the long link in it. Oh first you highlight whatever word you want to make into a link in your post.
Sorry. I suck at explaining! I tried though!
by the way, I tagged you on my blog today!
Post a Comment