As I mentioned previously, I was fortunate to get to try out the Microsoft Zune MP3 player for free.
As an avid Ipod user, I tried to try out this new player with an open mind. I use my Ipod a lot for a variety of things. John actually bought it for me last summer as an anniversary gift, and a docking station as an early Christmas gift. I take both with me to my Music Pups classes, which is WAY easier than carting around a CD player and trying to flip through the disks.
Anyways, I pulled out the Zune yesterday. I found the setup to be very straightforward and the player is easy to use.
For those that are used to the circular wheel of an Ipod, this will take a slight adjustment as the control panel uses only up and down motions, instead of circular. Not a big deal, but it's taking me a while to get used to it.
The Zune has a nice color display screen for pictures and videos, and I thought it was neat that there is a radio in the menu. All you have to do is scroll to your favorite station.
There also is a wireless feature for uploading new songs, and also for transferring from one Zune to another through friends. Very cool!
The player that I have is probably twice as thick as my Nano (old version) and heavier too. I really recommend the Zune premium headphones (as opposed to the earbuds). You are able to listen to music at a much lower volume, and it still blocks out background noises. You can also adjust the size for your own comfort. Well worth the extra money for that!
My one dislike would be that I can't use my Zune with my docking station so I can't listen to it without earphones in. Which as a parent, is quite difficult. I do plan on bringing it in the van as we have a hookup in there though!
So if you're in the market for an MP3 player, the Zune is really good.
Also....Zune and Matchstick (the company that was handing out the Zunes) would like your feedback. If you log on to ChatThreads and enter in this Conversation ID: 102 986 0146 you can win up to $500 in Amazon.ca gift certificates or ChatThreads will donate up to $5 to a charity. The purpose of this is to track how word of mouth travels. You can be completely honest; positive or negative.

1 comments:
I don't know if it is just my computer but I can't read your words! All I see is your background!
Anyway, I gave you an award today (which you can feel free to completely ignore :)) at http://tarasviewoftheworld.blogspot.com/2008/07/linky-love.html
Post a Comment