Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Waiting For News

John just left a few minutes ago to take Bailey to the vet at the next town. He graciously offered to go in the case that there is bad news.

I am not feeling optimistic at this point.

He hasn't eaten any food because he can't pick it up. The poor cat is very very hungry. He actually looks thinner than 2 days ago.

He also hasn't had any water to drink. And not for lack of trying...I have tried a dropper, ice cubes, and nothing. He won't even consider it.

I have been cleaning up lots of puddles on the floor from his drool.

He doesn't look good. He smells awful from the drool.

Last night Brie prayed that God would make him all better. I really wish that I could have the faith that she does. In her mind, it is as simple as asking. I considered briefly telling her that it may not happen this way, but I don't want to squash her faith or show her that my view of God isn't perfect.

Jesus often said "your faith has saved and healed you". And it was true. He healed many many people just because they simply believed he could. There are numerous stories of faith throughout the bible. Ordinary people who became extraordinary because of their faith that God would provide, God would protect, God would heal, etc. I have a long ways to go as I look at my own pathetic faith. As soon as something goes wrong, I start to question whether or not God will answer my prayers.

Yes, I realize that this is only a cat. But it's our cat. We are not those crazy cat people who think of them as children, but he is still part of our weird family. We have had him ever since he was 6-7 weeks old and fit in the palm of our hands. Now he is a huge beast of a cat, meowing and rubbing against everyone that walks anywhere near him. He is annoying at times, but we love him anyways.

I woke up with a headache this morning and despite a fun morning at VBS, the headache remains. Not all that unusual, but it is worse with the stress of what is going to happen to Bailey.

One of John's co-workers offered to "take care of it". I guess that is a considerate offer, but one that I really don't want to think about. We also don't want to spend $$$$$ on a pet either.

Now to wait for John to call.....

EDA: John called about 30 minutes after I posted this. The vet said that Bailey has an ulcer under his tongue which just has to run its course with antibiotics, and he also has an infection from a wound on his lip. I noticed his bottom tooth was cutting into his lip. He is in a lot of pain according to the vet, even if he wasn't complaining. So we have medicine for him and he should get better! I am so relieved.

Before John called I had just read this post. I highly recommend it! Angie is a mom who lost her daughter only a few hours after birth. She shares her grief and her struggles very openly and I really appreciate her writing.

1 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh Jenn, that is so good to hear - we were worried about Bailey too!!! Bailey is your orange cat, right? We've met both, but weren't sure which was which. I'd love to see a more recent picture of him!! :o) ANyway, I hope he feels better soon!