We own every Pixar movie that is out there.
John and I were first able to appreciate Pixar when they made Toy Story.
It was humorous, and very captivating. We loved the characters, the unique storyline and obviously the fact that it was entirely computer animated.
Pixar then came out with A Bug's Life. Even though it's not one of our top favorites, it still was very well done and entertaining.
Now usually I cringe when a sequel to a popular movie comes out, because most of the time the sequel is highly inferior to the original. It reeks of greed and not quality.
However, when Toy Story 2 came out, it was just as good, if not better, than the first! From that movie, we were hooked on Pixar!
I still remember one evening I worked late at the bank years ago (before children). When my shift was over, John had surprised me with a date downtown. We grabbed a quick supper and headed over to the movie theater to watch Monsters Inc. We just knew that we would love it, and we were not disappointed.
Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars and Ratatouille have all since come out. I remember being hesitant to watch each of those, thinking to myself that all of Pixar's movies cannot be great. We own all of them. Even the short films DVD. They have never disappointed me.
Until now.
Pixar recently merged with Disney. Disney, it seems, would like to take away the amazing quality of Pixar's shows and replace with a merely substandard movie. Why is this? So they can continue to merchandise toys and games for kids and sell it by the millions.
Have you heard that there is going to be a Toy Story 3 in 2010?
And a Cars 2 in 2012?
I am starting to get disappointed now. Maybe they will surprise me, but I highly doubt it. It looks like Pixar is headed downhill shortly.
Friday, July 4, 2008
Pixar Disappointments
at 10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
have you seen Wall-E yet?...i enjoyed it, but i agree with you on the sequels thing...i mean really, can you not be more creative?
wendy l
Post a Comment