Monday, July 14, 2008

No Time To Blog

This week will be a busy week for me!

Swimming lessons began today.

If you have ever lived in a small town that only has an outdoor pool, you will appreciate the way that they have to fit in so many groups in a small amount of time.

We go every day at 11:30.

We also go every day at 4:30.

Yep.

Twice a day.

Every day.

Good thing it's only for 4 days or I would go crazy!

Also it's great that the girls both have lessons at the same time. I would not go there 4 times a day. Twice is bad enough, people!

Tonight we are having a staff BBQ at the house of one of John's coworkers. I get to meet the new sergant who moved here a couple of weeks ago. John has good things to say about him already which is great!

Next week is VBS (Vacation Bible School) in town. We do a joint effort within the town's churches to put on a non-denominational program and it is quite successful! Usually about 50-60 kids come out, and for a town that does not go to church, this is encouraging.

Last year I was in charge of games. The weather was about 35+ outside and we were in a field with no shade. For 3 days! I literally drank my weight in water. Well....almost. I don't think I have a water bottle that would hold that much.

This year I opted to lead an age group around to the different areas; crafts, stories, games, and science. I will be leading the preschool group around so it should be fun!

So I'm really hoping for some more nice weather.

This week for swimming.

And next week for VBS.

All this to say, I'm not sure how much I'll be posting this week. We'll see how it goes!

0 comments: