One of our 2 cats, Bailey is not well today.
He, as per usual, was out all night and came in first thing this morning.
I noticed right away that he was unusually quiet.
After I fed them, I also noticed that he left a lot of his food in the dish.
Bailey never leaves food uneaten. He is like a little vacuum cleaner, devouring everything as fast as possible. When we leave for a few days and just leave a mass quantity of food for them to eat, he scarfs down extra, just in case it magically disppears.
Later on this morning, I was downstairs in the first minute of a jog on the treadmill. The girls came downstairs and said that Bailey was sick because his tongue was sticking out.
Now normally the girls don't notice something like this, so I figured it was worth checking out right away.
We went upstairs and there was Bailey lying down. His mouth was slightly ajar and his tongue hung off to the side. His neck fur was wet from saliva dripping down on him.
So needless to say I was concerned right away. John was out for a haircut but when he got home we all showed him our sick kitty.
We have been watching Bailey all day and he seems to be getting worse. I called the vet this afternoon but they aren't in town until Wednesday. They suggested I call the next town over, but the vet had already left for the day. (Can I just say that this is when I really don't like small towns?!?!?!) I have left a message for them to call me tomorrow.
I don't know what else to do.
I have tried getting Bailey to eat, and although he is hungry, he seems unable to eat. He keeps pawing at his mouth when he tries unsuccessfully to eat. We tried softening his food, giving him tuna, but nothing is helping. He is looking quite sad and won't come to me when I call him, which is another red flag. He is usually a super friendly cat.
My poor little kitty.
Any suggestions?
Monday, July 21, 2008
Worried About My Kitty
at 4:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I commented on facebook with a couple suggestions... but I am so sorry your kitty is sick!
Oh poor Bailey!! We'll be thinking of you guys and hoping he feels better soon!!!
Hopefully you can get to the vet soon and Bailey will be okay!!!
Post a Comment