Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You Can't Run On Empty


Today I received an amazing brochure from Compassion.

This picture is on the front.

Too often we forget that these kids are real.

They don't have enough food to eat.

The food that they do have is not always very nutritious.

They lack so many basic necessities that we so easily have within our reach.

On Sunday June 29, consider setting aside some time for the Global Day of Prayer and Fasting.

I'm not typically a fasting kind of person, but what does it really matter if I skip a meal? Sure I will be hungry, but am I going to starve? Of course not.

Will I be irritable? Perhaps.

Will it be hard to do with kids around? Definitely.

But this afternoon I've been thinking about those moms in struggling countries. It's not like they can avoid those grumpy moments or pick a snack off the shelf whenever they want like I can.

So I'm thinking why not make a small sacrifice? I can skip one meal on Sunday and set aside some time to pray for the Global Food Crisis.

Why don't you think about doing it too? Or, if you would rather donate some funds, you can do so here.

1 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for stopping by! I am extremely passionate about Compassion Ministries. I've been on two trips and am planning my third. What they do for children around the world is absolutely amazing.

God bless!