Today I don't feel like being a mother anymore.
My friend Amanda is going on strike today and I am joining her.
I am sick of dealing with my children who purposely look for trouble while I am trying to accomplish something in the house.
I am sick of the aftermath of the trouble.
The yelling, the spanks, the cleanup, the tears and the half-hearted "I'm sorry"s.
It doesn't seem to matter what I say or how I punish them.
The next day the girls are at it again.
I am frustrated and angry.
I'm angry at the girls for not obeying.
I'm angry at myself for not getting through to them.
I'm a little angry at John because this stuff always happens when he is napping (shift work) or at work.
It doesn't have to make sense, but this is how I feel.
Today I would like to quit.
But I have more loads of laundry to do.
I have to clean the floors.
I have to clean the bathrooms.
Does this thankless job ever end?
Friday, June 13, 2008
I Quit
at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I'm on the picket line too!
Oh, I feel for you and Amanda both. I know those days are coming for me when my kids can say mean things back to me - not looking forward to it. Just try to remember that one day this job will "end" (they won't be living at home anymore) and we'll wish we still had it... (maybe.) :o) Hope your weekend gets better.
Those days suck!!! Sending you a hug (((((((Jenn)))))))
Anyways, your weekend is bound to end on a great note if I DO say so myself.... :)
One day when they're parents...they'll understand and appreciate us. Talk about delayed gratification. And yes, Friday the 13th could very well have something to do with it! Hope tomorrow's a better one.
Well your not alone, there's got to be some comfort in that????? There's been many a day we've said, what were we thinking having kids???? Aieeeee..... Are they hair pulling yet, now those are good days;) Your a good mom:)
Carissa
And then just when you think you want to quit, the next day they are as sweet as pie and cute and you wonder "How could I have ever been so mad?"
Post a Comment