Thursday, June 26, 2008

She's In

We received notice yesterday that Brie will be attending the Pre-K program in the fall. While we are still quite disappointed that she won't get to Kindergarten, this is more exposure in a classroom setting for her, and it is taught by a teacher. So beginning in September, she will be busy 4 mornings a week. It is our best option at this point.

Brie's reading just keeps getting better and better. Good thing for cheap Scholastic books! I have purchased a lot of beginning reader books for her and she is really starting to get into them. Some are level 2, which I think is a huge accomplishment for age 4!

With all of Brie's strengths, we are again running into "bladder issues" this summer. (Here I'm thinking that this is all going to be behind us since Ella has improved recently) Last year at this time we were at Madge Lake, enjoying what was supposed to be 5 fun-filled days of camping. Well on day 3 at 7:30 at night, Brie was relaxing in the tent with a movie. She ended up peeing on John's my down sleeping bag. She had been fully potty trained for at least a year at this point. We ended up having to pack up everything that night and drive home. I was not very happy that night.

Well 2 days ago, Brie peed on the couch. Not just a little bit either. I'm sure you can guess just how happy I was about that! So once again I had to remove the cushion cover and throw it in the wash.

Our couch is looking fairly worn after all those washes. A few months ago I made a comment that I was disappointed because it was still fairly new, but John looks at me and said that it's 9 years old already. Really? Has it been that long? Wow.

So anyways, back to the bladder issues. We leave in 10 days for another camping trip to Madge. I will be the bathroom nazi, but it's all worth it if we don't have to cut our holiday short. It's short enough as it is already.

I have lots of lists to make, stuff to buy, and meals to prepare before we go.

What are your favorite camping meals? I would love to get some other ideas, aside from hotdogs and chili. Please share.

2 comments:

freeshopper said...

You missed hamburgers. And potato salad. Some people like what's called a hobo pie (there are different names for them). You can use anything from meat and cheese to veggies to pie fillings. Here's one example:
http://www.ehow.com/how_2182114_make-hobo-pies.html
THey are supposed to be quick and easy and good. Haven't tried them myself yet, but one day.

Jinny said...

Hm, pancakes, hamburger helper, kraft dinner...so healthy hey. I wonder if pizza pops would transport well? Or you could have cereal for 3 meals a day...mmmm.