I thought I would share a couple picks of some of my blogging wins. I find that blogging contests are MUCH easier to win than any other contests out there. You should give it a try too!
Here's the Dora the Explorer Music Collection from Props & Pans. There are reusable stickers and a fun game inside, as well as a CD of the favorite songs from Dora. The girls haven't even seen it yet (it's been hiding for a few months) but I want to pull it out on Sunday when we begin our little holiday.
Here's the books I just won from Tree Swing Reading. She has lots of Christian fiction giveaways each week. Definitely a site that I check out almost daily. I started reading the 1st book last night and I am already on page 218. It looks like I will definitely enjoy the other Smart Chick books! Thanks Tami!
And lastly, here is my Saskatchewan Tourism win. There's a golf shirt, 2 books and a sticker/post card. It's really not anything special (shouldn't that be John in the Mountie uniform?!?) but at least it gets me into the grand prize draw. Since my sister Roxanne has won a grand prize from them before, I'm hoping that our family blood is going to be lucky for me too!!
****************************************************************************
I've been busy these last days trying to get stuff done before we leave on Sunday.
Last week, John's parents came up for an overnight visit. John's dad helped put up some baseboards and window trims and it is looking quite lovely! Now to sand the ugly mahogany doors and door frames so the white trim doesn't stand out so much. We only have 6 doors, including the large closet doors that have been off for a couple of years now. Thanks dear for helping it to look nicer!
I've been doing some more sewing (gasp!) on Brie's quilt. I have all the squares sewn together in rows. Now I need to sew the rows together, pick out some border fabrics and a fleece back and finish it up. I'm hoping that Christmas is a reasonable time frame to finish it well.
I have also been learning how to make baby quilts with my friend Kristi. She made one for Ella when she was born, and it is so beautiful. So right now we are making one together while she "teaches" me. Good thing she is so patient! I will take pictures of the finished product once we are done.
There is only 5 days left until we leave for Alberta. We are all getting very excited!! I have been trying to put together lots of movies, music, books, games, etc. for the drive as there will be some awfully long days in the van. We have never gone this far with the girls before, but since the 2-hour Saskatoon trip is usually a breeze we are hoping that I they survive. I don't make a very good traveller, just ask John, so we REALLY hope the girls do better than me!
Actually our summer is looking quite busy. Every week in July has something up and we are already looking to plan a camping holiday in August too. I just absolutely love summer. I love the warm/hot sun, I love the beautiful colors, I love the camping, I love the hikes, I love the food, the family memories. It's all good. Well, except for the yucky bugs, the buzzing, the numerous scraped knees and tears, and the weeds.
Tonight we are having yummy burgers and fruit salad. Mmm, it's almost time to heat up the BBQ!
1 comments:
Where are you headed to in Alberta??
Post a Comment