Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Spring Pictures

I haven't done a lot of posts lately.

Mainly because we have been spending a LOT of time outside.

I just love being outside when the weather is warm!

All of our activities like preschool and Music Pups are now done for the year so it gives us much more time to play outdoors.



This is Brie (front row, holding the "B"). The entire class read out "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" which was their favorite. The poor little guy holding "C" freaked out when the kids yelled out "Boom Boom!!" I guess it was a little too loud for him, especially this is 3 classes put together for grad night.



The garden is coming up nicely; some potatoes, corn, peas, tomatoes, cucumbers and green peppers. I am also trying some sunflowers this year, to see if the birds enjoy feasting on it or not.




A lot of the flowers I buy are centered around bringing more wildlife to our yard. I bought more butterfly and hummingbird favorites, and even a second hummingbird feeder. Hopefully we get lots of activity this year.

Of course with all the flowers, there are lots of bees and wasps. I try my best to tolerate/ignore them altogether. Not an easy task, since my initial instinct is always to freeze and then run away quickly at the first sound of a buzz.

We are thinking of killing our entire front lawn with Roundup this fall since it is one of the ugliest lawns around. Actually it's not, but there is no real grass in the lawn, only dandylions and quack grass by the millions. Unfortunately that is not much of an exageration.

The girls got their big hair cuts a couple of weeks ago. It is so great to not have to wrestle them down for 10 minutes while trying to brush their hair. They would literally scream bloody murder and try their hardest to get away. This was never a fun job! Fortunately now that their hair is short, it doesn't tangle so easily and is much more pleasant to brush out. YAY!

This is the "before" picture. Why is it that one kids' eyes are always closed?!? Very frustrating!


Here is the "after" picture.



The girls are "cooking themselves" in their kitchen. Don't ask!



Here's Ella with one of her favorite foods: soup. She actually does a really cute happy dance when she gets a favorite food. I could never properly explain the happy dance but we absolutely love it when she does it!!

So there is a few pictures that are long overdue! Have a wonderful day everyone.

0 comments: