Well this morning I participated in the Compassion Canada fast for the Global Food Crisis.
It was a great time of reflection and prayer. I was amazed that I wasn't grumpy or starving throughout the morning! I guess God knows that this was for a great cause.
Here's a great website from Compassion International (USA) that gives a lot of wonderful information about the Global Food Crisis. My favorite links would be "Will I Eat Dinner Tonight?" and the "Hunger Fact Sheet".
I think we as Canadians really need to step up and recognize the crisis that millions (or billions) of people are starving to death. Their meager income ($2-3 a day) is not providing for them and their children.
We can easily sacrifice a few little things (ice-capps for me) and consider contributing to their relief. Did you know that sending $13 will feed a child for one month?
That is amazing. I can't even fathom eating only $13 worth of food in 30 days. Can you? Even with all the KD and ichyban noodles, it would still cost more than $13!
You really can make a difference! Please think about it today. If you are ready to make a donation, you can do so here.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Feeling Refreshed
at 12:53 PM
Labels: Compassion
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment