Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Contagious

Have you ever noticed how contagious some things are?

Everyone gets sick at the same time.

Lots of people get pregnant around the same time. (Don't think it's me...not gonna happen!!)

I keep hearing about more people joining Twitter. I have no idea what Twitter is, but it seems to be "all the craze" lately.

And blogging....

Blogging is contagious!

When I first started blogging (way back on Multiply) it was very sporadic and uninteresting. I mainly posted pictures of the girls for family and friends who don't get to see them on a regular basis. Why did I consider blogging in the first place? Because other people did, and I enjoyed reading their news and looking at their pictures.

Then I started reading more blogs on a regular basis and decided to make the switch to Blogger. I hope that it is a little more interesting, and while I am still feeling out my particular "style" I am really enjoying the fun of blogging.

Since I have already won several contests through other blogs, I have managed to get both of my sisters hooked up with their own blogs. Ha ha suckers!! I think their main purpose is for entering contests, but we'll see in time. Check them out.

Seriously though, Roxanne has already won a blog contest, and since she has the golden touch when it comes to entering contests (how many trips have you won?!?) I'm sure she will be winning many more. Kerrie has also won several contests in the past.

On second thought, maybe I shouldn't have gotten them involved with this. I am going to seriously threaten my chances of winning anything ever again!

Actually I just found out today that I won the books in the Smart Chicks mystery series. 3 books that I can read out on the deck. Excellent! I just love reading outside.

I just realized today that I still have some money sitting in an old account from over 3 years ago that I have never remembered to close. So, I think this weekend I am going to splurge a little and buy myself the patio swing from Costco. I have tried it out at a friend's and it is sooooo wonderful. It is like sitting in a little piece of heaven! Wonderful swinging goodness it is.

So hopefully Costco actually has some left. And hopefully it will fit in the van. I am really looking forward to it. Just ask John. I haven't stopped talking about the swing for about 2 weeks now. He must be getting really tired of listening to me.

Actually I thought that on our first date, when I did the majority of the talking.

But he's a good sport. He actually enjoys listening.

Most of the time.

Unless he is listening to his Ipod.

...Or reading a book.

...Or trying to sleep.

...You get the idea.

6 comments:

Seanna said...

I always enjoy reading your blog Jenn, it is entertaining. Two things on this blog, first one, you can't have that swing, cause I want that swing and I live closer 8P, secondly, about John, I remember doing the same thing to him alot in high school, yack yack yack ... glad he hasn't lost his listening touch, always a great guy.

Kerrie's Musings said...

Just so you know, inside the box of the swing is an ad for a cover for the swing, it's $55 including shipping. It is worth spending the money on it, so you aren't always having to run the cushions outside and in if it starts to rain.

The downside is that then you are taking the cover off and putting it on when it starts to rain, but at least then the cushions aren't getting soggy....

freeshopper said...

Just remember I gave you all the maternity clothes back cause I (for sure) don't need them anymore, but who knows about you, lol!!!!

Jinny said...

oh Jen, you make me laugh. I can just picture you talking away and John just sitting there smiling at you on your first date. hehehehe Hope you get your patio swing!

Jinny said...

Doh, sorry, forgot another 'n' in your name..it's early and I can't type.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, the swing is gone .... I was there today and I didn't see it, I'm sorry ..... not saying its not there SOMEWHERE, but you know how Costco is.