Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dancing Princess

Lately Brianna has been repeating everything I say.
Lately Brianna has been repeating everything I say.

It still makes me kinda giggle.
It still makes me kinda giggle.

But as you can imagine, it gets old pretty quick!
But as you can imagine, it gets old pretty quick!

Oh to be 4 years old again.

This weekend is her dance recital.

Up until this week I have really had no idea the dates or times for the recital. It has been driving me crazy not knowing anything.

I must say that this dance "organization" is certainly not organized! All of us "first time" moms feel so clueless and stressed out because we have absolutely NO IDEA what was going on for anything.

We are thinking of starting a support group for next years "first timers".

Seriously!

It was not fun trying to figure out stuff last minute. Even our group's assigned mom didn't have a clue. She was in charge of costumes and figured that she would go to a meeting or something to find out more info. Nope. Apparently dance is a "throw you to the wolves" type of organization. Yikes.

Well, now we know. The other moms must have been laughing at us...knowing that we were clueless, and that they too, had been there before. Thanks for nothing ladies!

The good thing about this all was watching Brie. At the dress rehearsal last night she was absolutely in awe of the older dancers. Her eyes barely left the stage. When we finally came home (after 2 1/2 hours and they had barely even started!! This is an entirely different complaint) she was twirling and dancing in the dining room for quite a while.

She just loves dancing! I am so glad that we have this activity for her. Usually if you ask her for a favorite of anything (food, book, friend...etc) her answer is always "all of them". She doesn't pick favorites. Except for color, which is red. And dance. She loves to dance.

Her little group of 6 kids carried little shovels and danced to "Hi Ho" from Snow White. It was absolutely adorable. Some were extra energetic and some were looking backstage to see what to do next. I wish I could have brought our camcorder but we have to buy the stupid DVD of the entire recital. It irks me that they sucker you in to buy the whole thing, but really what choice do we have? I want the video of her because it is so cute. Her age group is definitely the crowd favorite.

Now I'm also suckered in for next year. I can't wait to see what she'll be doing then.

Hopefully it won't be so stressful.

0 comments: