I woke up this morning with grand thoughts of having idealistic children all day today. Children who wouldn't fight or scream, children who would quietly sit still in church the entire time, children who would not cry or whine and children who would entertain themselves all day while I relaxed with a good book and a cup of tea.
Not even 5 minutes after getting out of bed I was already yelling at the girls to stop yelling. (Why is it that we think yelling at them will teach them to stop yelling?!?)
Ella sat still for all of 5 minutes at church.
The girls are both exhausted and miserable after being at a fun 3 1/2 hour birthday party yesterday. This has led to runny noses and coughs and multiple reasons for whining and crying.
Brie broke into tears in the foyer of the church because she was "thirsty". I'm not too sure why that required tears but there you have it.
Ella has peed on the floor multiple times today and I have lots of wet stinky laundry to do. Again.
A bumblebee made its way into my house. I bravely opened the door and waited for its exit.
Arg! I am exhausted. It sucks to spend Mother's Day with my husband at work and leaving me to deal with the crabby children by myself all day.
Here are some good things about today:
The carnation I got from church.
The beautiful picture Brie drew for me of us 3 girls.
The chocolates from my girls.
Ella was bouncing everywhere after I finally let her have 1 chocolate after supper. She certainly gets her love of chocolate from me!
The gift certificate from John for a massage in town. I will be booking an appointment very shortly!
The gift certificate from John for a pedicure at Spa Ahava.
I have never been for a pedicure and I am absolutely THRILLED!
It is a "Raspberry Chocolate Spa Pedicure". It sounds delicious.
Soak in a raspberry parfait foot soak, a raspberry chocolate exfoliation and finish with a very berry sundae massage. Sealed with a chocolate paraffin treatment.
I have a feeling I may want to eat chocolate after that is done. Too bad these ones I got today won't last.
I think after my day today I definitely deserve the massage and pedicure. I may have to plan a "Me" day in the city without children.
Oh yes, I will have to plan it soon! Pedicure, friends, relaxation....ahhhhh.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
I Thought Mother's Day Was Supposed To Be Relaxing
at 6:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yep, my day consisted of an awful lot of yelling too. Hate that! I'm sure any year now our mother's days will start being a lot more fun :)
Sounds busy and tiring ... and you will love your pedicure, I had both the manicure and pedicure ... its divine, absolutely divine!!
Post a Comment