Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Year Is Almost Over

Today our preschool executive met (hopefully for the second last time this year) for the third time in a week. We are all so worn out and ready to pass over the reins to someone else.

Emotions are running high.

Verbal attacks have taken place.

I was the recipient of the attacks this time.

We do not "appreciate" one member of our exec very much.

She is emotional and irrational a lot of the time.

It's not the first time she has lashed out at someone else on the exec, but it was the first time that it was directed at me.

She actually gave me the "Sorry, but...." speech today.

I just politely smiled and said that we are all stressed out.

Inside I had already said many nasty things to her in the last few days that I didn't have the anger anymore. Good thing because I could have torn a strip off of her on Thursday.

But we have successfully chosen a new teacher for the fall!

Next year will be better than this year.

I have decided to join the new Board of Directors but I WILL NOT be treasurer. If Brie doesn't end up attending the Wee Care preschool because she gets accepted into Pre-K, I won't take on a big role. I could be the church liaison for the preschool since we rent out the basement.

Next year will be better than this year.

I will just keep saying this....

Next year will be better!

I have a lot of recommendations for the upcoming Board. It is a new implementation in the preschool to hopefully avoid a lot of changes/problems that take place from year to year. It is comprised of preschool parents, a rep from the elementary school and a few parents that don't currently have preschool-aged children. I have been looking at some great resources for Board policies.

Our exec needs to meet with the new Board shortly to discuss the issues that came up this year, vote for new positions within the Board and be done.

Next year WILL be better!

0 comments: