Just before lunch today I went out for a few minutes.
When I returned, Brie said that she had a secret but couldn't tell me.
I didn't really think much of that, as she is often quite secretive.
Actually she is very secretive. Whenever she comes home from preschool or dance we ask her about her time there. Most of her responses are something like "I don't want to tell you about it".
Need I remind you that she is only 4 years old?
She shouldn't be lacking in the communication area.
I think we are in trouble with her in the years to come.
Yikes.
Anyways, back to today...
So we all sit down to eat lunch.
Ella starts talking, like she always does. She is talking in a "whisper" voice for this entire conversation.
Ella: Mom, we're gonna have chocolate!
Me: We are?
Ella: Yes, it's for you!
Me: It is? (WOO HOO!)
Ella: Yes, but it's a secret
(John meanwhile is staring her down, willing her to stop talking)
Me: Oh. (Really, what else was I supposed to say at this point?)
Ella: So don't tell anyone.
What sweet kids I have. Brie knows to keep the secret, but she can't help herself to tell me that there is a secret. Ella, well....she just lets the whole cat out of the bag. It was quite adorable.
I guess I know that I'm getting chocolate for Mother's Day, but I'm okay with it. Part of the joy of kids is watching their joy as they tell someone a secret.
I hope all of you mothers out there can enjoy and appreciate those moments with your kids this weekend too. Happy Mother's Day!
Friday, May 9, 2008
One of the Reasons I Love Being a Mom
at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment