Monday, May 19, 2008

Compassion Bloggers

Some of you may know that Compassion US sent 15 bloggers to Uganda this February. They each shared their amazing experiences through their blogs. I learned so much, particularly that I need to be more involved with our own child, Ashly.

Ashly is 4 years old, like Brianna, and she lives in the Dominican Republic. One of the reasons that I chose a child from the DR is that it may be possible to visit with her someday if we ever travel there.

Right now, Compassion is sending another group of bloggers to the DR in November. I have no idea if they are accepting anyone from outside of the US, as I would absolutely love to go, but regardless of who they send, many great stories will be shared. As a result, many more children will be sponsored. How cool is that?

I just added another Compassion banner on the right side of my blog. You can click on it to get more info about Compassion Bloggers.

0 comments: