Monday, May 19, 2008

Summer Planning

This weekend has been a fairly eventful weekend.

Friday night was the Unload worship service.

Saturday morning I drove 30 minutes to another town's greenhouse. I went to this place last year and preferred it to Wynyard's selection and prices. I came home loaded with annuals and a few veggies. I have already planted my planter pot in the front yard, 3 planter boxes and 2 hanging baskets in the backyard. I still have more annuals to plant. I love flowers!

Unfortunately all the seeds I planted indoors have died, except for about 3 green pepper plants which are just starting to grow. Very sad. Last year I put them in the greenhouse too early and the plants weren't very big when it was time to plant them. This year I killed them all. Ugh. At least I tried.

Saturday night was an executive meeting for the preschool. It was a great time of food and visiting, as well as the year end discussions. We all brought our kids and they had a great time too. We are getting so excited that the year is almost finished!! I can't wait to hand over the treasurer books to someone else. I will breathe a big sigh of relief when that is done.

Sunday was church. Nothing too interesting there, but it was nice to have John there again. He should be able to come 2 out of 3 Sundays now with his new schedule, unless his Saturday nights go too long and he's exhausted.

Today we went for a little walk in the light mist this morning. Brie is finally getting excited about riding her bike and now we have to lightly jog to keep up with her.

Speaking of jogging, I have finally gotten back on the treadmill. I have jogged 3 times this past week. My motivation for jogging is to not look hideous in a bathing suit this summer to become more healthy and be a positive role model for my girls.

I don't have a large goal in mind. I would like to lose about 15 pounds and firm up all of that awful jiggly stuff. A friend of mine recently recommended something called "bio oil" to help eliminate those ugly stretch marks. While I am sceptical of any "miracle cure", she says that hers were fading after only a few days. So I plan on looking for this stuff at Walmart next weekend.

When I'm on the treadmill I get so focused on wanting to get off. I've tried praying but I get distracted. I've tried listening to music, but I try to sing(which doesn't work while jogging) or else I get distracted. Last year when we bought our portable DVD player I also bought the entire collection of Friends. This is perfect to watch a sitcom while trying to jog. It keeps me entertained and one episode is just the right amount of time for me. Right now I'm taking a break from Friends on the treadmill because John and I have been watching it together in the evenings. Instead, I have borrowed "The Office" am have just started Season 2. Very enjoyable.

***********************************************************************************

This morning John and I were online looking at hotels for our little family vacation next month. As he won't get any real vacation time this summer with the shortage of staff, we plan on taking a few smaller stints. So next month we are going to stay with my sister Kerrie and her family for a few nights. Take in the galaxyland toddler time with the girls and who knows what else. Then we are driving early one morning to Calgary where we will have a fun day at the zoo. We are then going to waterslide it and crash before we get up early and drive home the next morning. It will be rushed but hopefully it will be lots of fun, and full of memories.

Next we have to plan a couple camping trips! I love summer!!

1 comments:

Tami said...

Hi Jenn,
I've been sending you emails but I don't think you're getting them. :) You won the Smart Chicks mystery series from my blog Tree Swing Reading. Please email me your address so I can mail them to you (if you still want them). Tamireads (at)charter (dot)net. Thanks!