Bleck! I am sick again.
I was sick earlier this week with horrible stomach cramps and related stuff.
Now I feel like a train wreck with the fevers and runny nose.
Agh! This sucks.
Wasn't it just last month that I dealt with the worst illness ever?
I am a miserable sick person.
Sorry that you have to "listen" to my whining.
Now that this is out of my system, here is some good news!
Last week while we were in Saskatoon I decided to buy some panties for Ella. She first started showing signs of being ready for potty training around 18 months.
I'm not talking about the signs that people from our parent's generation talk about. My mom, bless her, says that all kids can be trained by 18 months. Unfortunately this was back in the day of yucky cloth diapers that didn't absorb anything. Today's diapers are sometimes too good at absorbing so the kids never know or care about it.
Before Christmas, Ella was actually telling us when she had to go. I'm not sure what happened, if we got reliant on her telling us, or what, but we actually did some backsliding.
Yet she often wakes up in the morning completely dry. Very good sign!
The thing that worked best back when we trained Brie was to get rid of the pullups. Let's face it, they are no better than diapers anyways. The only difference is that they "pull up" instead. I remember finally getting to a place where I couldn't take the diapers anymore. So they got pushed into the closet and out came the panties. Best decision ever! She was fully trained in a couple of weeks!
Now I don't expect it to be this easy again with Ella, but it sure would be nice! She is a little more stubborn (okay she is a LOT more stubborn) but she really wants to be a big girl.
We are on day 3 of panties and today was great. We only had one accident the entire day. Very successful I would say. She still isn't telling us when she needs to go, but it will happen soon. And can I just say....without this being interpreted as perverted....that her little bum looks so darling in those tiny pairs of underwear.
Ahhh...I am just imagining our future days of being completely diaper free. What a wonderful time that will be!!
Thursday, May 1, 2008
Good and Bad
at 6:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment