Saturday, June 21, 2008

Apples N' Oranges




Ever since we moved to a small town, I really see the value in supporting smaller businesses.

I have always been a fan of supporting the "little guy" rather than the big box stores who really wouldn't notice my sale or not anyways, but now I just see this in action more often here.

Apples N'Oranges is a Canadian company that is offering a contest that is ONLY open to Canadians right now. Since most blogging contests seem to be for the US this is a big deal!

Why do I like to shop Canadian?

  1. Because Canadian is local.
  2. Because Canadian is supporting our economy, not someone else's.
  3. Because Canadians make the most unique stuff.
  4. Because shipping is cheaper and I avoid customs.
  5. Because I am Canadian!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks for participating :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Lara Wellman from Apples'n'Oranges has notified me that you won the jewellery by erin prize in The Ultimate "I Buy Canadian" Blog Party essay contest.

You can have your choice of either a custom designed piece of jewellery to your specifications or any piece in my etsy store.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Congratulations!

jewellery by erin